Sunday, February 14, 2010

Time Flies When you are training a puppy

It has been so long since I have had such a young pup, I forgot how much time they take. Phew!

Dakota is doing well, learning commands etc. but we have hit a brick wall with the house breaking. He is getting there slowly, but his stubborn streak is showing through :) Why do they call it house breaking anyway? It is more like owner breaking if you ask me :)

His character is showing through now and I can tell that I am going to have to be very dominant with him. I have dealt with dominant dogs before, so I am not worried about that. He is quite the character and is in learning mode. Reminds me of a toddler, pushing the buttons to see what he can get away with :)

In the meantime I seemed to be stalled on my projects. I have a sweater that is 20 rows away from being done but I so hate the sewing up that I think I am procrastinating finishing it. My way around that is I promised it to a friend for her birthday in March, so I will have to get my butt moving.

I did finish a crochet on the double towel (for me at last) and a cloth. I love this technique and it makes wonderful towels and cloths. I am trying to stock up on cloths for gift giving, since everyone likes them so much. I am still working on my Berroco Jenny Tailored Sweater and will have pictures shortly. I am just starting the sleeves and I can't figure out how to get a good picture of what looks like a mess on the needles :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I came to check you out after reading your posts on the Yahoo Knitting Machines group, and you said you were in Ontario. Napanee is beautiful! I've just moved back to Whitby, after 12 years in Orangeville (and before that Kingston and North Bay). I have a blog too, I hope you'll take a look!

    ReplyDelete