Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dakota's trip to the hairdresser

I usually keep my hair short. Really short. I get what is called a razor cut where the hairdresser uses a straight razor to cut and thin my hair. I have been putting off getting my hair cut for a while. A long while actually - since early last summer. I was finally driven to getting it cut by, of all things, hot flashes. Yep, it is getting to be that time of life and when the hot flashes come my hair literally looks like I just got out of the shower. Not bad if it is short, but shoulder length thick hair takes forever to dry. In fact I timed it and it dries just in time for the next hot flash!

So a haircut was necessary and the next big question was whether or not to take Dakota. He has pretty much been by my side for the last 6 months and I couldn't imagine being without him. But the thought of a straight razor near my face and a dog that suddenly decided to act up in a new place caused some hesitance on my part. I wavered back and forth and then decided to take the plunge and take him. I figured at worst, I would end up with half a head of cut hair and I could just say it was the newest hairstyle :)

But of course Dakota surprised me again. We had one initial episode where he jumped  on someone while I was getting my hair washed, but settled down after that and was wonderful. Everyone at the salon marveled at how well behaved he was, how patient, and they couldn't believe he was owner trained. He definitely got extra treats when we got home and lots of praise. I am so glad I started working with dogs as a kid and I am proud of Kota and his never ending supply of great behaviour in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment