Saturday, April 2, 2011

Life is good

It has been a while since I posted. I am finally more busy with life things and have less fibromyalgia and sleep deprivation interference:) After  having spent 15 years a prisoner of my body, confined to a bed or wheelchair  the Remeron continues to make an improvement in my quality of life.I doubt that I will ever be able to function at the level I used to, but I am thankful that after a year, this medication is still causing changes in my life. My drug forced naps cut out about 2 months ago. Even with the medications I couldn't nap, so for the first time in 15 years I no longer have an afternoon nap. This was a big adjustment for me and I have had to take things slow to make sure that I am still getting the quality of sleep that I need.

Dakota went for his first restaurant trip yesterday and as usual, he was great. He did try to crawl under the table to stop a drunk from getting too close to me, but he made no attempt to  scrounge for scraps under the table or nearby. Some people didn't even know I had brought him in with me and I was impressed with his behaviour. Of course he got extra treats and was quite pleased with himself :)

Today we did WalMart again. This is only his second time there and itwas busy! I have to leave him walking on his own because I can't push  the cart with one hand and hold him at a tight heel. He did well with two exceptions.
One young guy deliberately enticed him to misbehave by waving his hand in front of Dakota's nose, despite the vest and badges Kota wears. Another time he had to sniff a baby's toes :) He loved babies for some reason so I have to keep  tight control there. He even did well when an older child came running  at him yelling "puppy!" . I kept Kota checked and calmly ased the child not to touch him and that he was working. Overall, not a bad outing at all and does Kota ever love to work! He gets excited when he thinks I am going out, works his heart out, and comes home pooped.

Kota never ceases to amaze me. He is truly a gift from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment