Wednesday, August 3, 2011

New beginnings

It has been a busy few months along with a fibro flare up because of the humidity we have been getting. I have finally found a moment of sanity to sit and write.

I am please to announce that I am getting married again, after living 21 years on my own with just the kids. This is going to be the last time I get married, so hopefully all will be well :)

On a not so positive note I am still recovering from the move from h*ll. Never again will I allow my fiance to pack! I never realized how organized I was until this move where he did most of the packing. We moved mid-May and I am still digging out from under, although the end is finally in sight now. In a way, the disorganized move was good because I have had to confront a lot of things and issues to do with my abusive son, who I left three years ago. He was emotionally abusive and put me into a situation where I had to give up my knitting machines, he locked me out of the house after I left (which was illegal), and he destroyed most of my stash. I was so heartbroken at the time that I just shoved things aside until a later time when I felt I was more able to deal with things.

So now the time has come and I have been putting the past to rest. I have had to come to terms with not only the fact that half of my stash is missing, but also that I have gained quite a bit of weight on the new medication and that isn't likely to go away in a hurry. I used to buy a sweater's worth of yarn at a time, but when I got my yarn from the house I found that instead of two bags, I would only have one, and this went on for most of my yarns. I think touching my stash was the biggest heartbreak I could have suffered.

So I have been going through and looking for smaller projects to use up the smaller quantities of yarn. And I am in the process of replacing my two favourite machines - a Passap E6000 and a Brother 970. And I am starting out on a new leg of my life journey with a new partner. For the first time in a long time I feel at peace. I am happy with who I am and what I have accomplished. It has taken me three years to come to this point but that is the last of my baggage, unpacked and organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment